Draft Delegate Selection and Affirmative Action Plan
The Washington State Democrats will vote on the 2011 Delegate Selection and Affirmative Action Plan (DSAAP) this Saturday, April 30th.
The DSAAP contains the rules and procedures for selecting delegates to the 2012 State Democratic Convention and Democratic National Convention. They include:
- Procedures for electing and certifying delegates and alternates at all levels;
- Timing of the caucuses and conventions;
- Particulars concerning the scheduling of delegate selection meetings including methods by which each meeting or event will be publicized;
- Method of awarding delegates and alternates to presidential candidates;
- Affirmative Action Plan – VII.D.3. b. Methodology for Representation Goals on pages 39-42 of the DSAAP is incomplete at this time. Extensive research is being conducted by the Affirmative Action Committee to make sure that both the goals and the methodology are inclusive and comprehensive.
The proposed DSAAP calls for precinct caucuses.