Five Questions for GOP Gubernatorial Candidates
Washingtonians Deserve Answers
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE | June 18, 2020
SEATTLE — Tonight, on TVW the GOP candidates for governor will participate in another candidate forum. Washington Democrats believe these candidates owe Washingtonians answers for their records.
- All of these candidates have sworn fealty to Donald Trump. Will any of them, in any way, speak out against Donald Trump’s failed, erratic leadership during the pandemic and recent protests against systemic racism? His abhorrent tweets?
2. Do these candidates agree with Mitch McConnell the federal government should not reimburse Washington state and our localities for fighting the coronavirus and instead should go bankrupt?
3. Will Tim Eyman ever apologize for his repugnant attack comparing the policeman who murdered George Floyd to Gov. Inslee’s actions to keep Washingtonians safe during COVID-19 crisis? Will any of his fellow candidates rebuke him?
4. Last Friday on the Jason Rantz show, Loren Culp was asked four times if he supported any reforms in the wake of the deaths of George Floyd, Breonna Taylor, and so many other black Americans at the hands of law enforcement. Mr. Culp opposed any reforms. Do his fellow candidates agree with him?
5. In light of last week’s SCOTUS ruling, does Tim Eyman still oppose Washington’s 2006 law banning discrimination against LGBTQ+ Washingtonians? Do his fellow candidates support equality for all Washingtonians?
“Every single GOP candidate for governor has made it clear they’re running a Trumpian campaign, empty of policy proposals to help working Washingtonians but full of inflammatory rhetoric,” said Tina Podlodowski, Chair of the Washington State Democratic Party. “In this time of crisis, the people of our state deserve to know if any of these candidates think they are accountable to anyone other than Donald Trump.”