October 10, 2022
Pence immediately after the Dobbs decision: “We must not rest” until abortion is outlawed in every state; advocating for national abortion ban even while acknowledging it would cause “short term pain” for GOP
ICYMI: “100 percent pro-life” Tiffany Smiley’s campaign supported by anti-abortion extremists
**PHOTO: Mike Pence, Richard Uihlein to fundraise for Smiley**
(Seattle, WA) – MAGA Republican Tiffany Smiley celebrated the overturning of Roe v. Wade, “respects” the extreme Texas abortion ban, campaigns with and courts support from anti-abortion extremists, including those working to ban abortion in Washington state — and now, she’s campaigning alongside Mike Pence, who wants to make abortion illegal in every state in the country, including Washington. On Wednesday, Pence will headline a virtual fundraiser for Smiley — a fundraiser that is hosted by Richard Uihlein among others; Uihlein helped fund the “March to Save America Rally” that directly preceded the violent January 6 insurrection.
Mike Pence was one of the first Republicans to call for a federal abortion ban after the Supreme Court repealed Roe v. Wade, saying “it is imperative that Republicans and conservatives resolve, here and now, that we will not shrink from the fight.” Pence is widely considered to be one of the most anti-abortion Republican politicians, and was the first sitting vice president to speak at the anti-abortion “March for Life” rally.
“Mike Pence was was the most extreme anti-abortion Vice President in our country’s history, and he was one of the first to call for a nationwide abortion ban immediately after the Supreme Court overturned Roe,” said Washington state Democratic Party spokesperson Caitlin Harrington. “The fact that Tiffany Smiley is happily campaigning alongside him tells Washington voters all they need to know about who she’d be taking orders from if she is elected to the Senate. Since the primary election, Smiley has tried to hide her extreme anti-abortion positions — but she continues to campaign with, fundraise with, and build support from anti-abortion extremists committed to passing a national abortion ban and stripping women of their reproductive freedom, even here in Washington state.”
ANTI-ABORTION EXTREMISTS LOVE TIFFANY SMILEY:
- Former State Rep. Luanne Van Werven, who introduced legislation to ban abortion after 20 weeks in Washington state with no exceptions for rape or incest, recently campaigned alongside Smiley in support of her candidacy.
- State House Rep. Jesse Young, who sponsored a bill to make abortion a felony in Washington, stumped with Tiffany Smiley, and heaped praise on her at a campaign event in Bremerton.
- Joe Kent gushed over Tiffany Smiley at a recent campaign event and Smiley has refused to disavow the support of Kent, an abortion extremist; Kent has called called abortion “an evil stain on our humanity”.
- One of Smiley’s first endorsements came from Sen. Joni Ernst (R-IA), one of the most forceful advocates for a federal abortion ban.
- Another early endorsement for Smiley came from Sen. Marsha Blackburn (R-TN) who is proudly anti-abortion and questioned the constitutionality of birth control.
- Smiley has campaigned with and fundraised with extreme anti-abortion Senate challengers including Blake Masters, J.D. Vance, Adam Laxalt, Tedd Budd, and anti-abortion incumbents including Marco Rubio (R-FL) and Rick Scott (R-FL).