Proposed 2024 Delegate Selection and Affirmative Action Plan
The 2024 Delegate Selection and Affirmative Action Plan for the 2024 National Delegate Selection process and 2024 State Convention is now live and available for public comment! This plan overviews the process by which delegates to the Washington State and Democratic National Convention are selected.
This plan was published for public comment on Wednesday, March 29, 2023, and will be accepting comment until Friday, April 28, 2023.
To Submit Comment: Please follow THIS LINK to a Google Form which will ask for identifying information as well as any relevant citations to assist the reviewing committees in considering your comments. All comments will be considered before final implementation of the Delegate Selection and Affirmative Action Plan, in compliance with DNC regulations.
The Washington State Democratic Central Committee (WSDCC) is the body that conducts business for the Washington State Democratic Party. They hold meetings about once a quarter, where they pass resolutions, elect officers, and conduct other Party business. Every two years, the Washington State Democratic Party holds a State Convention, where delegates to the convention gather to conduct further Party business.
This page contains some of the documents produced by the WSDCC and State Convention delegates. These documents define the Washington State Democratic Party.
If you have any questions about any of the below documents, or are looking for a document not contained here, please email PartyAffairs@wa-democrats.org and a member of our staff will assist you.
The 2023-2024 Term of the WSDCC has meetings on:
- May 6, 2023 held in Seattle
- September 30, 2023, location TBD
- Future meeting locations and dates will be determined by the WSD Executive Committee on an ongoing basis.
2021 – 2022 Governing Party Documents
- Charter This document describes the structure of the Party.
- Bylaws This document contains the rules for how the Party conducts business.
Platform and Affiliated Documents
- 2020 Platform
- 2022 Platform
- 2023 Legislative Priorities as Identified by the WSDCC Advocacy Committee
Standing Rules of the WSDCC
WSDCC Meeting Rules & Guidelines
- Rules for Resolutions
- Rules for the Conduct of Debate at Meetings of the WSDCC
- Rules for Consideration of Charter and Bylaw Amendments
- Rules for Usage of Facilities at WSDCC Meetings
- 2018 Washington State Democrats Accessibility Guidelines These guidelines were developed with help from the Disabilities Caucus and disabilities advocates as a resource for local organizations in planning accessible meetings.
WSDCC Election Rules
- Rules for the Virtual Election of Statutory Officers of the WSDCC
- Rules for the Virtual Election of Congressional District Executive Committee Members
- Rules for Election of Democratic National Committee Members
- Rules for the Election of State Democratic Party Officers
- Rules for the Election of Congressional District Representatives to the Executive Committee
Constituency Caucus Rules
Other Standing Rules
- Rules for the Handling of Resolutions at Reorganization Meetings
- Procedures for the Nomination of Candidates for Filling Vacancies in Single of Multiple County Legislative Districts
- Rules for the Selection of Candidates and Nominees
Code of Conduct